The 2013 Edition of the French American Innovation Day is designed by and for the stakeholders of Technology Transfer, Innovation Development and funding/venturing in Life Science
This event is co-organised by the Office of Science and Technology of the French Embassy in the USA, Inserm, Inserm Transfert, Inserm Transfert Initiative.
One Topic : Innovation in Life Sciences, as a driver for growth
Focused on innovation in life sciences, the conference will address how investment and initiatives in this sector may lead to the overall growth, expansion, and recovery of the economy for the benefit of patients.
One day and an half of high-level meeting and networking with stakeholders of the life sciences and biotechnology industry from both France and the United States.
Two accomplished scientific directors,
- Dr. Christophe Benoist, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Harvard Medical School, Member of the French Académie des Sciences and the US National Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Joshua Boger, founder of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ: VRTX) and Executive Chairman of Alkeus Pharmaceuticals
- Open innovation: fad or strategy?
- Alliance management: a true necessity to combine cultures.
- Entrepreneurship: a Pandora box or a holy grail?
- Patient advocacy associations: a catalyst for innovation.
10 biotech start-up projects : 5 projects from France, 5 projects from USA.
The first day of the 2013 FAID (December, 5th) will gather French, European and American corporate executives (industry, venture capital, Tech Transfer Offices among others) from both countries, as well as prominent academic scientists around 4 roundtables who will share their expertise and opinion through interactive discussions.
On the second day of the 2013 FAID (December, 6th) 10 innovative French and American start-up projects will be presented (for collaboration and funding).
The registration is free, but seats are limited, register soon not to miss this opportunity.